Back to work

Options
adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
edited May 2016 in Day to day

Hi all tommorow I will return to work. After retiring for 6 months I was hounded by a former employer to get back to it,lol. So I've succumbed and will start with 2 days, so no more sleep in till 10 or not getting dressed I have got into that rut. Fortunately this lovely employer was around when I had bc and has now ventured out on her own, she knows I have appointments and knows about my blood cancer so I don't have to go through that whole explanation thing that sure does make it easier. Hope I've made the right decision .

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Adean you can only try and if it gets to much then say so. You might actually enjoy it as now you have had a rest. Take it easy and look after yourself. Sorry forgot to ask what are you doing?

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Adean,

All the best for tomorrow. You will know how you feel when you are there whether its right or not. I'm sure they will be very happy to have you back.

Ann-Marie xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited May 2016
    Options

How lovely that you have work on offer, just be true to your feelings and take it 1 day at a time. Sending you big encouraging cuddles, Trace xxx

• Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    edited May 2016
    Options

Good luck Adean. I went back a few weeks ago then had to have a week and a half off. I now realised I pushed myself too hard too fast, so today I returned again with more reduced hours. I guess I didn't know how I would go until I tried. Don't be afraid to cut back if you have to and remember it won't be forever.

All the best, Nadine

• adean
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hey there, I will be the quality co ordinator, educator and auditor it's the same roll I did before. It's a brand new aged care facility so everything is from scratch

• adean
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Nadine my breast cancer was 4 years ago and I did have time of , I recently retired from my previous workplace as we got a new CEO and he changed everything I persevered for a year but my morals were different to theirs so I left. I'm actually excited my new employee I worked for before and they chased me so it's a bit of a moral booster. 

• adean
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thanks Tracey I'm sure I will be tired tommorow night.

• adean
    edited May 2016
    Options

I've laid the clothes out 4 times hoe ridiculous lol.

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited May 2016
    Options

If you get a bit tired see if you can set up a darkened room and a comfy chair for a catnap. Sometimes 10mins of quiet with eyes closed is all you need and saves taking the rest of a day off.

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited May 2016
    Options

Enjoy

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited May 2016
    Options

I do that all the time :)

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2016
    Options

2 days sounds fabulous...enough to rengage the brain but little enough to look after you. Hope it goes well. Kath x

• adean
    edited May 2016
    Options

I survived the traffic was terrible and boy did I sleep well, but I enjoyed dressing up and stimulating the brain xxxx adean

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited May 2016
    Options

Good girl, embrace the day xxxxx ??????