Friday Update

Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone. It's time for another Friday Update.

Community Highlights

We have 24 new members. A warm welcome to Last, Rockette, sparker66, and all the new members.

This week we had 74 posts and 418 comments. Here are some interesting and thoughtful posts you might have missed:

We've been seeing a lot of spam in the online network lately. We have measures in place to prevent spam robots from getting through the registration process, but these other spammers are actual people. They register, verify their accounts, log in, some of them even complete their profiles, and then post spam, usually overnight. We are working with our web developers on finding ways to block them without it affecting users like you and me. In the meantime, if you spot spam, help us out by clicking on that Report button that appears under every post and comment. Thanks very much for your patience.

We're also working with our developers to bring a big improvement to the online network around how comments are displayed beneath posts. You know how they keep getting narrow? Yeah, we're working on fixing that. Stay tuned!

In other news, you might notice that all BCNA staff members who are also members of the online network are clearly identified in our user names. This is to give you a better sense of who's who in the online network.

BCNA News & Events

Pink buns are here! Help us sprinkle some change. From 21 April to 11 May nearly 600 Bakers Delight bakeries will donate 100% of the sale of Pink Buns to BCNA in support of all Australians affected by breast cancer. So, get out and have a pink bun, or just say 'thanks' to the staff the next time you're in Bakers Delight.

BCNA is planning to develop information resources in Greek and Chinese for people affected by secondary breast cancer. We are looking for people diagnosed with secondary breast cancer (i.e. whose breast cancer has spread to other parts of the body) and their family members to participate in focus groups which will help guide the development of these new resources. If you are from a Chinese or Greek speaking background and you are living with secondary breast cancer or support someone who is we would love to hear from you. Please contact BCNA research coordinator, Riki Long, on (03) 9805 2585 or via email rlong@bcna.org.au for more information and to get involved.

That's pretty much it, I think. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend at home reading a book I just picked up from the library earlier - Cloudstreet by Tim Winton. What are you up to this weekend?

From 21 April to 11 May nearly 600 Bakers Delight bakeries will donate 100% of the sale of Pink Buns to BCNA in support of all Australians affected by breast cancer. - See more at: https://www.bcna.org.au/online-network/members/Christine_BCNA%20CEO/blog/help-us-sprinkle-some-change#sthash.ef4HPs92.dpuf