Just saying Hi

Options
This is Lyn
This is Lyn Member Posts: 14
edited March 2016 in General discussion

Hi all,

Well Easter is over, enjoyed two lunches with two different groups of friends.So funny, 1 group talked all about my bc, the other group it was the elephant in the room, and not mentioned.I guess some people just don't know what to say!  I am  rounding out Monday night with some trashy " real housewives of somewhere " just boobs and bad hair, but is a good distraction.I hope everyone is travelling ok.????

Comments

• Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2016
    Options

I have two friends, very long term, they don't even ask how I ama.  I have to raise my cancer.  I suppose they don't know what to say.  I find it odd but maybe I am over sensitive.  

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2016
    Options

Aren't people peculiar? Glad you enjoyed your lunches regardless. Karen xox

• Beppie
    Beppie Member Posts: 168
    edited March 2016
    Options

People are funny or downright rude. My so called friends just pretended I didn't exist. One lived 3 houses down from me. Visited me in hospital when I had my mastectomy then saw her 3 months later for an hour when I was having chemo and bald . That was 2 years ago now, haven't seen her since or the other so called friend. Just as well I like my own company. Just found it impossible to make new friends since then. Hope your friends are not like mine . ??

• Autore
    Autore Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2016
    Options

My family act like it (the cancer) doesn't exist . They turn silent if I bring it up. It's horrible and feels very isolating. I know how you feel. 

At the end of the day, we need to be the strong warrior goddesses. Cancer is very humble xx

• Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi all. I'm sorry to hear people aren't being as supportive as we'd like. We have a fact sheet titled "Helping a friend or colleague with breast cancer" that might help. You can order it or download it. It might be good to hand out or just not-so-subtly leave it laying around, leave a link in your email or Facebook, etc.