2016 Volunteer Community Liaison

Options
Raele
Raele Member Posts: 23
edited March 2016 in Community news and events

The C L Training in Melbourne in March (6th through to 8th incl.) saw only 14 of us attend......I believe the numbers were less than expected - with some last minute withdrawals.

What a great opportunity, to learn what remarkable resources are available for the person living with breast cancer. The BCNA team were terrific, all very dedicated & very ably led by the wonderful Janelle, who did a great job of chairing the entire Training.

The Founder of BCNA, Lyn Swinburne, is such an inspiring lady and the current CEO, Christine Nolan, is another tremendous ambassador....Was such a privilege to meet both ladies and to catch up with Marita (Queen of the Pink Bun Campaign) again

I am so thankful to have been invited to attend and I will do my utmost to enlighten my community whenever the chance arises.

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi Raelene,

I just wanted to say it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and the rest of the women. With the help of our 14 new CL's we will be able to reach more people out in the community that need our support. I know that you will be an incredible CL :)

If you need anything just let me know.

~Ann-Marie x

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi Raelene, it was so lovely to meet you at the training and to hear about what you are already doing in your community - fantastic!

It was also such a great pleasure meeting all the other wonderful ladies and BCNA staff and finding out more about the resources and activities BCNA offers those affected by breast cancer. Like you, I feel very privileged to have had this opportunity and look forward to letting others in my area know about the support available.

Best wishes, Jane xx 

• Raele
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thank you Annie

It really was an amazing experience.

I am so very grateful to have had the opportunity to meet you all at BCNA, and to meet the other participants as well.

Raelene

• Raele
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hello Jane,

Thank you for the lovely comments.....what an experience we had, being able to undertake the C L training and to meet all the wonderful girls.

It was a privilege to meet you all.

Good luck with spreading the word.

All the best, Raelene xx

• Raele
    Options
    I am lucky enough to be President of the Whyalla Pink Spirits Breast Cancer Support Group.
    We are in for a busy time of things......We are supporting our local Bakers Delight Store, as part of the "BCNA Pink Bun Campaign", with a table of BCNA merchandise, Information & some craft for sale, on Wednesday May 16th at our Westland Shopping Centre.
    We are hosting a LYMPHOEDEMA EXPO , with Professor Neil Piller and his team of Professionals involved in the event.....date is yet to be determined.....possibly late August.
    We believe also that we will have a BCNA Forum sometime in September.
    We are really looking forward to these events.
    Also - Whyalla Pink Spirits fund & operate our great wig lending library "Hair to Help". We now have an amazing selection of wigs for clients undergoing cancer treatment (any cancer) to choose from....at the time of posting this there are now 160 wigs in our collection.
    To find out more phone me on 0429 966 094 or Marie (the manager of the wig library) on
    0428 292 038.This is operated on an APPOINTMENT ONLY basis.