Family Day **Warning grandbaby photo and horses!**

donnafischer
donnafischer Dragonfly Posts: 144
edited September 2016 in Day to day

So given that I am having the all important meeting tomorrow to discuss whether I'm to have a mastectomy or just another wider local excision plus a full ancillary clearance, and then the surgery this Thursday, today we decided to have a lovely family day, and do something I wont be able to do for a while, and thats spend a day with our daughter and her partner and our grandaughter. I got to babysit our 5 month old grandbaby while her mummy and daddy competed against each other at a local equestrian sporting day. My daughter has only just got back in the saddle and competing since giving birth so she's doing really well, and her partner is very supportive of her. Heres some pics :)  

Tagged:

Comments

• Doll
    Doll Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2016

What a gorgeous family.  All the best for your meeting tomorrow.

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited March 2016

Family time.... Beautiful pictures

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2016

I think you got the best deal of the day getting to cuddle that cutie.

Keep us posted on your appointment today. We're all here for you. XXXX

• donnafischer
    edited March 2016

Hey Brenda, I decided yesterday after speaking with the surgeon that due to this being a rare and agressive cancer with the likelihood of it recurring and turning up in the other breast, to have a double mastectomy. So thats going ahead still on Thursday.

Dr wasnt thrilled with the lump / swelling in my neck so i had a fine needle aspiration biopsy done today. Apparently it was a cluster of tiny nodes ( largest being 4mm) and as a side discovery, i also have some nodules on my thyroid. He didnt feel they threw up any red flags but said that i need to have the pathology confirmation before resting easy. I guess they'll let me know as i go in for surgery on thursday. Fingers crossed its just annoyed from my cold. Dont think i can handle any more "unexpected" news.

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2016

Best wishes for Thursday. Hopefully the biopsy says its all fine and your axillary clearance says they are all fine as well.

• donnafischer
    edited March 2016