Wanting to meet and make friends with other women going through same as me in Adelaide area

Options
Twilightgirl
Twilightgirl Member Posts: 54
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi all I am hoping i can make some really good friends and maybe be able to meet that is going through the same as I am. I have the brca Gene and just got diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast on the 25th February and am having a double mastectomy and reconstruction on the 23rd of March. I think it would be nice to have some friends that are going through the same. I have family and friends to help me through this hard time but none of them have ever been through what i am going through. So if anyone is going through the same as me and want to make friends that live in the Adelaide Region just add me to your contacts on here.

Comments

• PaulaN
    PaulaN Member Posts: 237
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Twilightgirl I'm in Adelaide & had my surgery yesterday. I live in the Northern suburbs but my family is from the Western suburbs so I spend a lot of time there. I went to school in the Western suburbs so its really home to me. Im 52 & have got 5 grown up kids. I was diagnosed on 29 January & as I said I had my op yesterday so Im feeling a bit sore & sorry for myself lol. Im in the same boat as you & don't know anyone in the same position as we are, in fact I don't know anyone with any kind of cancer. Mmmm its still strange saying Iv got cancer, its weird. My name listed on here is PaulaN. I tried to PM you but couldn't work it out (think its my computer or operator error LOL) if you want to contact me just drop me a line.
    Paula
  • Twilightgirl
    Twilightgirl Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2016
    Options

I tried to go on facebook to the Adelaide Breast Cancer Friendship Group and it says closed group so do not think you can join anymore

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited March 2016
    Options

I will have a chat with our member group team when I get back into the office on Monday as they will be able to tell me all the face to face groups we have in Adelaide x