25 years and still going!

Options
jellybeans
jellybeans Member Posts: 1
edited September 2016 in Day to day

Hi gals,

This is my first blog, so I hope you'll be easy on me!  First diagnosed in 1991 (in my 20's) and still going!

In November I had my silicone implant replaced - it had ruptured and was a mess in there.  This week I've had a breast lift and reduction on the natural side to match things up a bit.  I'm pretty sore but it looks good so far!  Still at least a week to recover, but it's worthwhile.Cheers!!

Tagged:

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2016
    Options

Wow welcome great news on having your implant replaced. Not good that it ruptured, was there a reason why. Always good to be matching happy things went well.

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Jellybeans, welcome and well done on your first blog!

Was that the original implant from 1991 that you've replaced? Although I haven't had implants (had tissue flap recon) I understand there have been a lot of improvements and more choices available when it comes to implants these days. Glad you're happy with the new one and hope it continues to be trouble-free for you. Best wishes, Jane xx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thanks for reminding us there's 25 years in the future! Good luck with the new implant.

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hello Jellybeans,

Welcome to the Online Network. Thank you for writing your first post :)

It's wonderful to have you share your story with us.

~ Ann-Marie x

• Sandy J
    Sandy J Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2016
    Options

Wow 25 years. I had silicone implants Sept. 2015. I've had my last appointment with the PS. He doesn't want to see me for 15 years unless I have a problem. 15 years to have them replaced as that's the recommended time so  really surprised your was 25 years. (Maybe something to do with the rupture)  I'll be 69 years old when they're due to be replaced. My PS has done the most amazing job... So I'm cancer free and have amazing reconstructed breasts. Best outcome I could have hoped for...  Asking all the right questions and getting to make informed decisions about your treatment and options available are really important, I did and feeling great about the results.  I hope to be posting here in 25 years too!!!

• Beppie
    Beppie Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Sandy, 

so glad your happy with your breasts. I'm seeing my ps next week . He's had 3 goes so far to match my breasts and they're  still lopsided . Ever time I have an operation I get my hopes up but one quick look at my chest I'm disappointed again. Photos of other women he's done look fabulous but not me. Tried to seek a second opinion but the dr wasn't keen stepping on ps feet - so much for yes I can help you . 

• Sandy J
    Sandy J Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi BEPPIE,  so sorry you're journey with reconstruction hasn't been as positive as mine... Hopefully you can find a PS that can help,  I'm in Perth and mine is a bit of a perfectionist, and I think I was really lucky to have him, he was recommended by my breast surgeon.  Good luck I'm thinking of you...

• Keirson
    Keirson Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2016
    Options

Good on you, your story has definitely inspired me. I have a long treatment journey before considering reconstruction but i am hopeful of an outcome like yours, thanks for sharing x