How extreme have you been!

Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
edited February 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to get some activity in.  I wanted to share with you one of our events taking place this weekend.

Brave for BCNA will be happening on Sunday 14th February, Valentines Day.  We have participants in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane who will be jumping from up to 14,000 feet. They will be experiencing an incredible 60 second freefall through the air.

Is anyone jumping this weekend? Have you ever done something extreme like this before?

I have parasailed before, does that count ;)

~Ann-Marie x

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited February 2016

Hi Ann-Marie,

Wow, I'm not jumping but what an experience that would be! In many ways I think that would be such a terrific way to actually really take that leap back into life after a cancer diagnosis. Kind of leave it all behind, just jump and trust that you'll land safely!!

I know that I needed to do something a bit extreme after my recovery. I had always loved hiking and I have taken that to new heights with my challenge. I am regularly hiking over 60 km a week at the moment, up and down about a 1000m of hills in preparation for the Cancer Council's Ultimate Journey for a Cure. My 'take two' at trekking to Everest Base Camp after the earthquake put paid to last year's adventure. 

Wishing all the 'jumpers' a terrific experience!

Deanne xxx