Look Good Feel Better workshops

Options
angiesg
angiesg Member Posts: 82
edited February 2016 in Community news and events

Has anyone been to these? Did you find them useful?

Was thinking of booking one soon, sounds like they might have some good tips

http://lgfb.org.au/

Thanks

Angie

Comments

• Meags
    Meags Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Angie,

You will meet some amazing people - both your fellow attendees and the raft of people who contribute their expertise.

You'll learn lots about makeup, wigs and scarf tying by the mile.

You'll have lots of fun and it will lighten your heart.

Highly recommended!

Best wishes, Megan

• ChrissK
    ChrissK Member Posts: 180
    edited February 2016
    Options

Angie, I just registered and attending one on26/2/16.... will let you know how I go.

Chriss

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Angie really nice day, very relaxing and good tips. Meet some lovely people who volunteer their time. 

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Angie, absolutely fantastic day plus you get to keep the makeup they very generously supply. I thought I would struggle with losing my long hair so booked the workshop for after hair loss. As it turned I was fine with losing my hair but really bothered by having no eyebrows or lashes. The lovely beauticians at my workshop taught me how to fix that. They helped me to stop looking sick while in the midst of chemo & my children were really glad about that too. Kind of helped them cope. Enjoy your day, we all need a little pampering, Tracey??

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited February 2016
    Options

My McGrath nurse has me booked in for one on the 15th, right in the middle of my low white cell count but by gosh I am going hell or high water lol. Looking forward to it at Hervey Bay.

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Angie

The workshops are fantastic. I don't normally wear make up and was shown how to apply (particularly wanted to know how to do eyebrows). It was a fun day that I wished I had gone to a lot earlier than I did. Highly recommend it. Karen xox

• Doll
    Doll Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Angie, I did a LGFB workshop a few weeks after chemo started and I'm so pleased I did.  It was a fun few hours with lovely people.  Great opportunity to try scarves and wigs and makeup.  There is a questionnaire to complete for registration and from that they select makeup to suit. Initially I was sceptical that putting on makeup could make a difference but on the days when I felt miserable putting on my "face" helped me get me up and out.  Book in soon- some ladies in my area have had to wait months to get a spot in a workshop.