Brisbane Face to Face catch up

Options
DIANNEP69
DIANNEP69 Member Posts: 27
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Ladies

I am trying to arrange the next get together. The last one on 20th of Jan was a great success & thanks to the ladies that could make it. 

Date: Wednesday 10th February 2016.

Time: 12pm.

Place: Chatterbox coffee shop Level 1 Toowong Village, Sherwood Road Toowong.

Parking: 4 hour parking, enter via Sherwood Road or Lissmer Street.

Public Transport: there is a bus depot outside the shopping centre & a train station within the centre.

Hope you can all make it.

Dianne. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Bbryce
    Bbryce Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Dianne

I wish very much I could attend, but distance is my killer along with caring for my mother and juggling appointments for both her and myself.  Side effects from the chemo makes any long trips a personal nightmare for me, so as I rely on public transport, it is a trip too far.

May I congratulate you wonderful ladies for your work and all the time and energy you put into this worthwhile organisation.  More power to your arm!

Best of luck and wishes :)))

Barb Bryce

• K.J.
    K.J. Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Dianne,

i was only discussing a face-face with my breast care nurse last night but maybe something on Northside of town too. Like Barb, distance could be a bit tricky especially when I factor in school pick up times. You've obviously had a successful event in the past and if you are interested, I'd be more than enthusiastic about arranging one in an alternative location.

have a fun lunch anyway!

• DIANNEP69
    edited January 2016
    Options

Barb & K.J.

We hope to make this a regular thing - meeting in coffee shops around Brisbane. The northside was on the list.

We hope to meet again either 24th or 26th of Feb, so if you ladies are free on one of those days & can recommend a place on Northside not too far from the city with free parking & public transport options then please advise.

Hope to see you next time.

Dianne.

• Hall08
    Hall08 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi, I am new to the site, have read a lot of blogs but haven't written any myself. Are these get togethers for anyone who has BC??

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Hall08,

I just wanted to jump in to say hello and welcome :)

~ Ann-Marie

• DIANNEP69
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hall08

Yes these face to face get togethers are for ladies in the Brisbane area that would like to make new friends with ladies that have had similar experiences. 

Hoping you can make it.

Dianne.