walking group

Options
maryroset1
maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hey ladies. I am lucky enough to live and work a stones throw away from box hill gardens and am keen to start a walking group if there is interest. The gardens have a 1km walking track and i need some motivation to get off my butt and move. The gardens are across the road from epworth and box hill hospitals as well as peter mac. If there are any ladies undergoing radio the park is very therapeutic. 

Would love to hear from any ladies that would like to join me.

Maryrose 

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Maryrose that is a great idea shame I work and live in the west. Hope someone answers and goes with you xx

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi there

what a fabulous idea. I had my treatment at Box Hill and would have loved to go walking. I live in Lilydale    so perhaps we could meet somewhere in the middle once a week. I have Mondays and Fridays off work so could perhaps go in the afternoons. Let me know what you think. Karen xox

• Rubychloe
    Rubychloe Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Maryrose i dont live far but work part time when where you thinking of walking ??

• Emma H
    Emma H Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Maryrose

I also am having treatment at BoxHill. I'm not far, in Templestowe. Although I'm walking most mornings it would be great for some company. MTW suits best (as then I don;t have the kids). I'm doing chemo rather than radio but would be loevly to meet some of you ladies :)

Em xx

• maryroset1
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi karen. Thanks for offering to meet half way but not sure whether i can commit to that at this stage with work and after school and weekend commitments. i am likely to be able to stick to a routine  if i do it locally. If circumstances change once my daughter gets back to school i will let you know.

Maryrose 

• maryroset1
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi rubychloe and Emma.

I generally have mondays and fridays off but my days are different for the next couple of weeks due to things going on. I am flexible with time but need to work around school dropoff and pickup. I can do weekend as well and if there is a group of us happy to walk after later say after 7pm but dont generally walk in the park on my own if getting too late.

Let us know if this fits in with your routines. You can message me directly if you want too. Hope to talk soon.

• Rubychloe
    Rubychloe Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2016
    Options

I start work at 9.30 so mornings would not really suit i finish most days at 2 and that is just at Forest Hill i could also do a saturday morning maybe keep me posted please 

• Sebastin11
    Sebastin11 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.
    I live in Camberwell and I am looking for a walking buddy once or twice a week. I have finished active treatment for a while. Can someone help me