Support groups

jennyzim
jennyzim Member Posts: 28
edited September 2016 in Day to day

hi everyone

i live in Bridgetown South of Perth. Anyone know of any support groups or events around this area 

Jenny 

Tagged:

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited January 2016

Hi Jenny,

We have an online group for Perth. If you click this link it will take you to the page so that you can join. We also have an events section on the website where we post events that we know are happening around the country. The Cancer Council WA will also be able to provide you with information about events in your area.

I hope this helps.

Ann-Marie x

• VickyF
    VickyF Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2016

Hi Jenny,

I am in Bunbury but have not found any groups in the south west but occasionally I see events advertised in the local newspapers.

The Cancer Council is a great resource but I do not know if they are in Bridgetown.

I'm happy to chat if you would like to, I think we can send messages via this site.

Cheers

Vicky

• Sue Jones
    Sue Jones Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2016

Hi Jenny!

You are living in a beautiful part of the world.  My mum's family are from Manjimup and I also worked there for 12 months.  Just wondering if you have checked to see if there is anything in Manjy.  I am up in the Rockingham area but am more than happy to chat.  

Regards

Sue. 

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited January 2016

Hi Jenny,

I have just found one of our member groups that meet in Bridgetown :) - Blackwood Valley Breast Cancer Support Group.

Ann-Marie x

• Pixie29
    Pixie29 Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2016

Hi Jenny

I am a member of the Perth/WA Womens Group - we meet on the first Saturday of the month in Mt Lawley. If you happen to be in Perth, you would be very welcome to come along to the group to meet our lovely members (we also chat online between meetings). There is also a group in Perth called Reclaim Your Curves if you need info about reconstruction. 

Good luck,

Vicki x