3 years later and Cancer Free

NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited December 2015 in Health and wellbeing

My hair is growing back!  Merry Christmas to the ladies who know me! xxx Love Bel

Comments

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2015

Bel you are looking amazing!! A big Merry Christmas to you :-) xoxo

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited December 2015

Stunning gorgeous girl, love and hugs adeanxxx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited December 2015

So gorgeous!!!! Merry Xmas to you also Bel.Cheers Robyn. xox

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited December 2015

Hi Bel -  I must say your photo is inspirational to all.

Seasons Greetings

Take care

Christine

• Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336
    edited December 2015

Hi Bel.  If you dont mind me asking, when your hair grew back, did it come back straight?  If not, how long did you have curls for?

Merry Christmas to you xxx

Rene

• NaturalBel
    edited December 2015

The reason why I put it on here !  

• NaturalBel
    edited December 2015

Well it was not straight at first.  I did have 6 rounds of Chemo, and the Ruby Red for 3.  (paintstripper).  But I had really straight hair to start with.  My hair is a tad wavier than it ever was.  I was a hairdresser for 20 years, this do, took lots of doing !  I used mouse and leave in treatment, and a gloss/straigtening product.  Round brush blow dry.  Velcro Rollers, back combing and hairspray.  It was the first time I had gone to that bother since my hair had grown back.  I wear it up all the time for work.  What I did not say was 5 minutes after I finished and took this photo, I ran outside to rescue my washing off the line, and it was saturated.  I felt it was a reminder "Don't be so vain, it got you no-where!"  hahahahahahahah !  No one ever saw it.  With instant menopause though the condition is not happy.  I have less hair around the front than before, and it is dry as hell.  Needs lots of love and treatments, which I can't afford now.  It is true what they say, quality products equal quality hair! xx

• Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336
    edited January 2016

My hair is growing back in the tightest curls I've ever seen since the good old perm back in the 80's!  I have bought curl cremes, anti frizz, serum and leave in conditioner.  My hair is only about 4 cm's long but I really struggle with the curls.  They just sit there, tight as anything.  I am  going to attempt growing them out in a longer style and really hope they relax a little at some stage, cause this is friggin rediculous to manage.  Very greatful for my hair, don't get me wrong but just not used to styling curls.  x

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited May 2016

Not been into BCNA online for a long time YOU are looking beautiful Bel, I am getting on with life have joined an encore program and really benefited from the exercises in water.  

• KathSe
    KathSe Member Posts: 29
    Hi Diagnosed with a Triple neg in July 2016 and terrified at the lack of info around.  I was diagnosed with a 9 mm triple neg on routine mam with no lump and sentinel nodes clear.  So scared because of awful info about and have just completed AC now on to Paxitaxol.  Breast abd abdo MRI clear before treatment and breast and abdo CT clear.  Would appreciate any advice as the head games are terrible
    cheers
    kath
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    @KathSeward we have some information on our website around Triple neg . The members of the online network are wonderful and will be able to help you out with any questions you have. We also have a tag for Trip neg which is where other members previously have shared a post. 
  • KathSe
    Hi have tried to join the Triple neg site but it keeps redirecting me

cheers

kath
  • Ann-Marie
    Hi Kath, I have put two links there for you. One is for the website and one is for conversations where other members have talked about triple negative. Where are you having trouble? 
  • KathSe
    1. the website keeps redirecting me
  • Ann-Marie
    That's strange... if you go back to the website by clicking at the top of the screen. Under the title Understanding breast cancer, you will see a heading with "types of breast cancer" click on that and then to the right you will see
    "triple neg".