Saturday

Options
rowdy
rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
edited September 2016 in Day to day

It is Saturday I have a hundred things I could be doing and here Iam sitting in front of the tv watching The Sound Of Music. I think I have seen this movie a dozen times and I still love it. It always brings back memories of growing up with my dad and step mother witch was not always easy. Nothing like the movies make it. I always feel a sense of peace when I watch it. I think sometimes the strangest things can give us a feeling of peace.

I read the posts of everyone who has a mum to be there for them during this trip and I think you are so lucky. I now have my own children and we are very close, nothing like my own childhood. 

This post is mainly putting it out there that life is good. Take time to stop and smell the roses, it is a tough trip but there is light at the end of the tunnel and we will all get there.Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year, hugs all around xx

Tagged:

Comments

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited December 2015
    Options

Lovely sentiments Rowdy. Glad you enjoyed your movie ?? Karen xox

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited December 2015
    Options

Great movie isnt it! Brings back memories of my childhood unfortunately i dont have my mum around either. Life is fantastic and we all must live it to the full.

I am pretty pumped just home from a days worth of my daughters ballet concert. She was fantastic and won an award so i am a very proud mum. For me she is the only motivation i need to fight for my life.

Maryrose 

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2015
    Options

My children have given me  so much joy. My daughter lives in Hong Kong and she is coming home for Christmas. All I want for Christmas is to spend time with my husband and children and be well. I hope you both are well and getting ready to celebrate Christmas with the people you love xx

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited December 2015
    Options

I love The Sound Of Music as well :)

What a lovely Christmas it will be for you having your family here xx

~Ann-Marie