Support group - Hills area

Options
bernadetteb
bernadetteb Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Day to day

Hi,

I am 36 years old, married with three children. I was recently diagnosed with early stage breast cancer and have had a bilateral mastectomy. Chemo will start in the new year. I am looking for support groups in the Hills area (I am Kellyville based) just for support and guidance during this time.

Thank you

Bernadette

Tagged:

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi Bernadette,

My name is Ann-Marie and I am the Online Community Coordinator at BCNA.

I just wanted to let you know we have a section on the website under "Understanding breast cancer" where you can search for a service or support in your area.

I just did a quick search and found this.

https://www.bcna.org.au/support-groups/kellyville-breast-buddies

I hope this will help you out.

~ Ann-Marie x

• Simmo1967
    Simmo1967 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi Bernadette, i was in the same situation this time last year.. Nov 27 to be exact ... i got the dreaded news that i had early stage breast cancer.. HER2 + & oestrogen +  in left breast. I live in Kings Langley so not far from you .. Im 48. The good news is I feel great now ... When i look back on the last 12 months i can not believe what has happened & how fast it has gone! I had chemo first then chose double mastectomy/ auxillary clearance as it was in 5 of my lymph nodes and an immediate implant reconstruction... Which i am more than happy with ?? i then had to have 5 weeks of radiation which i only have a slight tan mark. More than happy to meet up with you to go into more detail i remember only too well how scary it is at first..  just take it one step at a time & deal with what is in front of you at that time. Just so you know i worked through most of my treatments & kept a very positive mindset which i have no doubt has helped me recover so well. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help x