I am so happy!

JJoy
JJoy Member Posts: 350
edited November 2011 in General discussion

I just want to write and tell everyone how 'happy' I am - I am so excited, we have just been offered a brand new unit and my husband and I are thrilled to bits, it means so much to us both - especially 'stability', we really need that.  Finally I can ring and email my friends and say "Yes! we have 'good' news (that's a change) we want to share it!"  I need now, to say a little prayer of 'thanks' - feel brilliant! When I go tomorrow to have that heart-monitoring stress test, I think I will blow the machine up if I am feeling this great!

Comments

• JJoy
    edited March 2015

Hi Tonya - dont know when we move (preferably around my chemo's) but have to see the housing man on Wednesday - suddenly I feel very pleased - though, not close to my children, but if we can show 'stability' they will always come to us - and YES it is in the SAME town where we are! And its brand new, right in the middle of town - we can see the mountains but only 3 mins walk to the shops - how good is that, we get the country and the benefits all in one!

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

So happy for you Josie . Have you heard about the Otis  Foundation?, they provide free holiday places for  women with breast cancer.

I have just booked 7 days in Towong Vic in October, hoping by this time all my tests will be ok.  Big hugs Debbie xxxxxx.

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015

So happy for you Josie . Have you heard about the Otis  Foundation?, they provide free holiday places for  women with breast cancer.

I have just booked 7 days in Towong Vic in October, hoping by this time all my tests will be ok.  Big hugs Debbie xxxxxx.

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015

• JJoy
    edited March 2015

Thank you Debbie, will look into that my dear when I have scraped myself off the ceiling (lol!) I am a little distracted but do have firm plans for 'respite' later.  Thank you again my dear - hoping you are doing ok x x x x Josie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

You're happy so I am happy too for you.  Not sure of all the details of your move but it sounds like it is going to be a positive thing for you.  I love to hear of good things happening to good people.  Good luck tomorrow. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

You're happy so I am happy too for you.  Not sure of all the details of your move but it sounds like it is going to be a positive thing for you.  I love to hear of good things happening to good people.  Good luck tomorrow. XLeonie

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Oh! Excellent news, Josie!  Congrats!  :)

• JJoy
    edited March 2015

Yes isn't it lovely to have 'nice' news - one was just getting used to everything being so (sigh) you know - bleeer!  Any way we are moving in a week or so, we went to see 'inside' and it is all mod cons!  I can't believe I will have cupboards to put things away - a toilet that does NOT come off the lounge!  Our bathroom/laundry/toilet in this place is like a converted hallway (the pits no less) and I wont even have to 'clean the stove' before I move in - there is even a bath, I can't believe it pure LUXURY! - Arrr, the lovely little things in life that one can take for granted.  

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Josie,your new place sounds great and you so deserve it.Once you are over chemo it will be like a new beginning.I'm moving house in August -downsizing before the kids come back! We are going from big 2 storey with pool to a single level house with spa.I am slowly sifting  through 22 years of accumulated crap.Quite liberating! So I see this year as one of change and moving on. Good luck with the move.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Josie,your new place sounds great and you so deserve it.Once you are over chemo it will be like a new beginning.I'm moving house in August -downsizing before the kids come back! We are going from big 2 storey with pool to a single level house with spa.I am slowly sifting  through 22 years of accumulated crap.Quite liberating! So I see this year as one of change and moving on. Good luck with the move.

Tonya xx

• JJoy
    edited March 2015

Thanks Tonya - you will be downsizing quite a lot - just think of the less rooms you have to vacuum and mop!  The flat we are moving into is bigger (seems enormous compared to this little 'dog box') but I am going crazy with the cupboard space as I mentioned before - it will be wonderful to 'pack things away' instead of having them shoved high up in a wardrobe (where I can't reach) or stuffed under the bed.....you know, suit cases, books, heaps of stuff - I will actually be able to vacuum under the bed (actually I better buy a 'proper' vacuum cleaner - all we have needed for this tiny little place is an extended-handle dustbuster!)  My husband keeps grinning at me as I suddenly pipe up and say things like...."Oh Gosh, now you can have a bedside table dear, there will be room for both!" (awesome!) "Oh wow, now we can put our bathroom items (brush, comb, razor, creams etc) in a vanity unit instead of a box on top of the hot water service" - Wow! luxury!  I made my husband smile again this morning when I piped up and said out of the blue - "Oh honey, that new kitchen has two sinks!" - "Oh honey I cant remember the last time when we had one garage let alone two....."  Now can you actually believe that just before Mother's day I saw this lovely bathroom arrangement on special - it has the big ceramic bowl, matching ceramic soap dish and inside were bath salts, bath gel, bath powder, bath crystals, bath petals and body scrub & body lotions (I think you get the idea) any way it was an enormous set of lovely things to 'spoil oneself' with - I couldn't resist - so I bought it.  My husband looked at it as I proudly carted it inside after shopping - he questioned me and said "Josie, you do realise we don't have a bath in this flat don't you?"  Well I just looked him in the eye and said "I know that dear.....but one day we will move into a place with a bath, and I will keep it for then!"  This made perfect sense to me! and why wouldn't it?  As it turned out.......I am going to get to use it much sooner than even I imagined!