Tai Chi qigong AUSWUSHU competition in Melbourne this sunday

Carol
Carol Member Posts: 150
edited August 2015 in Health and wellbeing

I will be with the Macquarie University team if anyone wishes to come and see what tai chi and qigong are all about  I find it very relaxing form or exercise and meditation combined. since taking this up 3 years ago my bone density has improved from osteoporotic to osteopenic and apparantly I've grown 2.5 cm! (think most due to flaws with measuring my height last year and this year since height and weight are required to do the bone density scan) More to the point thee has been an ongoing improvement with my lymphoedema as a result of this gentle exercise.

Apparently this is the longest running & most popular Chinese Martial Arts Competition in Australia

Venue: Monash University Sports Stadium - Clayton Campus Times: Registration: 8:15am; Opening Ceremony: 10.00am; Closing: 4.30pm Audience Entry: $10 per person; Under 12 free (must be accompanied by an adult) $30 per family (2 adults & 2 children)

Comments

• deh
    deh Member Posts: 79
    edited September 2015

Hi Carol

Great to hear you're having such impressive results with your tai chi and qigong exercise.

Just wondering how often you practise - with a group and on your own.

Also what sort of training/accreditation do instructors need?

Can you recommend any DVD/ resources/ YouTube clips to try some of these exercises at home.

Thanks for such a positive post.

Di

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    Sorry not to have replied but have not had reliable internet for years unable to,use this site on phone. I used to practice 3 times a week at Macquarie uni while working part time. I should but usually don't practise at home. Now that I have Internet again planning to see if can find links given years ago if still have those emails.
    Now retired and moved twice last year. Doing twice a week with a group here Australian academy of tai chi who do their own videos. They are in Sydney and Illawarra. Now
    discovering how each group teacher different. Was spoiled by having an international judge before. Interesting to note that all teachers can tell stories of how tai chi gentle exercise of whole body helped them stay out of wheelchair for serious arthritic issues or fractures. Current coaches all 3 are at least a decade older and much healthier than me. I also do dragon boating thrice weekly during summer but not in colder months. LDex 13 this week.