Get connected day

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Hi everyone!

It's Wednesday again (doesn't time fly?:), so that means it's 'get connected' day here in the Getting Started group.

What to do...

All you need to do is comment to this post (use the comment form at the bottom of the page) with a short note about yourself and who you're looking to connect to.  Easy!

If you see someone with experience similar to yours, who you'd like to connect to, then just click their username (in their post) and you will end up on their profile page.  Then all you need to do is look on the left side of the page under their picture and you'll see an "add contact" link and follow the prompts.

Why connect to others?

One of the good things about connecting to others, is that all of their blog posts will show up on your homepage in a reading list.  So if you haven't visited the site in a few days, you'll still see what everyone is up to!

Important note

Remember to check your own privacy settings on your "edit" page. There's no need to reveal anything personal or private, but if you want others to connect to you, you should make some of your My Profile settings "public" so others can find out a bit about you (eg. 'my story', 'about' me' and 'breast cancer experience'). 

If you're not sure what to do, you might like to read this post on how to change your privacy settings.

Have fun!

Di

Comments

• jeanniemac
    jeanniemac Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to this. I was wondering how I get connected to group in WA I live in the country south of Perth.

Thanks

Regards

Jean
  • Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm going to ask my colleague Janelle to get back to you as she looks after Member Groups and should be able to put you in touch with a Group near you.

Di
  • Janelle_BCNA
    Janelle_BCNA Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi jeanniemac,

We have one group registered south of Perth. The group is called: Esperance Breast Cancer Support Group

If you search that name in the 'start your search' section of the website the details will come up. I'm currently trying to chase up a group I've heard of in Bussleton. Please let me know if you would like me to forward the details of that group once I have them.

With thanks,
    Janelle

PS are you aware that we are running a forum in Bunbury on the 23 July? More details can be found on our website under events.