Meeting 28 March

Options
Pixie29
Pixie29 Member Posts: 59
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi girls

Giving this new WS a try as promised....

I'm feeling very upbeat today following yesterday's meeting, it always surprises me how much I need and enjoy the support (and how much I learn) at these gatherings - even 7 years after my initial diagnosis and treatment! It was wonderful to meet some new girls and welcome back those we haven't seen for a while.

I know Mich x will post more details and pics, but on a personal note...I was especially thrilled to see Sue arrive with her bike helmet in hand (pink decoration of course!), finally finding the confidence to ride again since her treatment. It seems appropriate that her first time doing something that gave her joy from before BC, was used to get to our meeting ??. No stopping you now eh Sue?

Anyone else have something you used to do that you would like to try again, or something new you would like to do in your "new normal" life?

Wishing you all a joyful and relaxing Easter break from me,

love Vicki xox

Tagged:

Comments

• annelou
    annelou Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Perth ladies

Yep, we agreed to give the new website format a go... so here it is.

Thanks to the wonderful ladies who organised and attended yesterdays Perth get together.  It is so uplifting to be able to 'let your hair down' in a safe environment where everyone is totally supportive and  full of useful suggestions and ideas.  This group provides a much needed environment where you can 'just be' without worrying about  the repercussions of admitting to your faults, fears and triumphs.  We touched on such a wonderful range of topics - treatments, side effects, reconstructions, insurance and 'money stuff', medical professionals, drug trials, jobs, fellas, kids, travel - and they are just the ones that I can remember of the top of my head.

I am feeling more prepared to face whatever the next month will bring (and if the last few months is anything to go by there will be plenty) and I look forward to reporting back for another recharge next month.

Thanks again to you all

Annelou

• Natty
    Natty Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Perth Ladies,

I was a newbie yesterday at Perth's BCNA get together and am soo glad I made it!  After a slow quiet start (by myself being a little unsure) I felt so very welcomed into an environment where I can just be BC me and do not feel at all alone.  We chatted on a range of topics which hit the mark on many levels for me personally.  I come away feeling connected and like I belong with a group of ladies who understand what I am going through!

Thank you ladies and I look forward to the next catchup,

Natty xxx

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey gorgeous girls

So good seeing you all get on here and put your honest thoughts to paper so to speak.  Thank you and hopefully there will be more girls who follow suit.

It was such a wonderful get together and as Annelou mentioned so many topics were covered, the food was great, excellent venue, fabulous bunch of girls and so much chit chat.

There was lots of laughter and a few tears which is what it is all about as they are both healing and both a way of release.

I also came away so uplifted as I always do and I think we all took away a lil piece of each others heart home with us to nurture till we meet again.  Like we said we all just "get it".

Another comment that was made was that every group should have a nurse in it and how lucky are we to have such beautiful nurse in our group :) 

One of the many highlights of the day was to see our Sue back on her bike as Pixie29 mentioned.  What a wonderful achievement.  Also to see so many of you girls who are currently going through treatment to get to our get together.  You should be so proud of yourselves to have been able to manage that.  Sarah you are an inspiration huny and I personally was extremely proud of the mammoth task you took on to get yourself there on Saturday while going through your treatment.  I felt so proud, so emotional and so elated to be a part of this wonderful support system we have.  I was so glad I was able to be there following my surgery as well as I did have a few concerns but I did it!!!!!

I believe it is all onwards and upwards for us all from here.

"BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

and in your dream though impossible things may seem, someday, some how you'll get through to the goal you have in view.

Mountains fall and seas divide before the one who in his stride takes a hard road day by day sweeping obstacles away.........believe in yourself and your dream.  Say NOT - I cannot - but, I CAN!!!!.......the prizes of life we fail to win because we doubt the power within!!!!"

Luv u my pink sisters, Mich xoxoxoox

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And what a gorgeous and brave newbie you are huny. Thank you for being there.
    Luv always, Mich xoxo
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Annelou
    I will be thinking of you and wishing you well every single day.
    Keep us informed huny.
    If you need anything at all or to vent, whinge, and all the other things that are necessary to get us through, please do so.
    Luv always, Mich xoxoxoxo
  • Antwa1969
    Antwa1969 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lovley Ladies, thank you all for sharing your experiences and Journey with us. As I said I started Pilates and feeling very good about doing something good to my body. I think the venue we meet in is so very appropriate a warm home, and thank you for organising it.

Having a bad week last week it was so good to vent and talk, and listen. Having no Family here in Australia I find it difficult to talk to friends as I sometimes feel that I have to protect them. And underplay the illness.

So thank you for being there and sharing all your Journeys and allowing me to open up my heart too.

Love Antoinette

• Mich x
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey Antoinette
    I am here for you any time you need a chat huny. Just pick up the phone and call me, email or text. Anytime day or night.
    Luv always, Mich xoxoxooxxoxo