Just not the same

adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

The support group I facilitate had their monthly get together,every lady expressed their disappointment at the new look network, all of them having difficulty accessing some of the other groups they are in, most of them said they will no longer use the site. Not everyone got the group broadcast, some received it days later.That's disappointing. Not everyone likes change. I told them I will continue with the online support but nearly everyone wants to make our arrangements outside of the online group,I will do this as I don't want our group to disband as we give so much support to each other. One lady was so concerned for new diagnosed ladies.Has anyone else had this happen. Adean xxxxx

Tagged:

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015

It's disappointing isn't it Adean,but at the same time,I can understand it.I was one of the frequent complainers in the beginning,but I think like this....This blog is to support each other.It was SO important to me when I was first diagnosed,and each day I would come on here and hope that someone had answered my post or my comment.It was AS important as family and friends at that time,because of the very fact that I could chat with other ladies who had ,or were,experiencing BC.I must admit,I still don't like it as much as before,but I can read posts,and I can receive and send messages.I check the posts most days,because I think it would be terrible if someone wrote their first post,and no one responded.We all need to remember how it felt in the beginning,and how important responses were to us.I have noticed lately that there are some ladies who were on here regularly but seem to have dropped off.I hope that things will get back to where they were.Hope you are doing ok? Cheers oxRobyn

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    I can also understand that the changes have made a difference but I was never very computer/forum experienced and had to learn the process on here to begin with and somehow I am working out most of the changes too.

I agree with everything Robyn has said about how important the network is and think that one very important thing has not changed. It is the fantastic caring support that ladies like Robyn give to those who need it. Any time of the day or night you can still come on here and post about whatever and someone will be there to listen and help. We can't give up on that. Deanne xxx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    I suppose it's all about personal choice for some, it's a bit like the support group, some ladies come once and that's sufficient for them. Or others become regulars or others think we are definitely crazy! Life goes on doesn't it. Adean xx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Hi Adean,my support group feels the same as yours. One of our newer ladies was going to join the network so I'll be interested to hear what she thinks cos she has no experience with the old format.I believe in change for the better but not change just for the sake of change. I'll check in from time to time but don't feel as connected as I used to. Tonya xx

• Natasha
    Natasha Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2015

I've only been here a few months, but still find it a shame.  This is obviously the same database with a new horrible front end wearing a cumbersome template.  If a lot of people don't like it, perhaps they should look at alternative templates.  Something with wider posts, smaller font, less wasted space, less scrolling and easier navigation would be good.  This doesn't look professional.  I also believe in a context such as this people need to have the ability to control their own information so allow editing of both posts and comments.  It would be a shame to see activity slip away and more people move over to facebook, as is the trend with regard to forums these days.  The advantage this site could have over fb is that it is could be easier to find information and could also provide a smaller more protected communication.  If you throw those things away, the community will decline.

• Natasha
    Natasha Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2015

I meant 'community' not 'communication' but of course I cannot edit my comment.

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited April 2015
    I also have to agree with youTonya. I feel very disconnected with the online group now and rarely go on. I do try occasionally, but get frustrated and give up. I can't even respond directly to Tonya's comment even though there is a reply button, and not being able to edit a comment is a problem for me.
  • magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited May 2015

I haven't been online for quite a while and I have no idea how to find anything I used to read and follow. :(  I am going to try as I received so much support here at the beginning and I want to try and repay that if I can.

I have just hit 3 years with no recurrence so I am particularly happy at the moment !

I hope you are doing well Adean .

lotsa love

magicmum

• magicmum
    edited May 2015

I am just confused, it's not user friendly. I can't seem to find the same blogs I was following before, the threads on drug effects and I don't seem to be able to even know where to look.  I don't mind change - another forum I had been on for 10 or more changed a few years ago and it was done gradually with all of us commenting as it happened so they could make it work. DId that happen here ? I have to confess I haven't been around for a while. I see so many people unhappy with the new look that it seems to have been done without consultaiton, never a good move.

Does anyone know where the Arimidex effects thread went ?

magicmum

• magicmum
    edited May 2015

Just tried to reply and at first it wouldn't work, but after a few goes it did. And editing is a MUST in my opionion, I'm such a klutz sometimes.

I miss some of the old members threads :(

magicmum