The beginning of my BC Journey

13»

Comments

• LindaN
    LindaN Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Nice to hear from you Shazza.
    I find myself awake in the middle of the night and hard to go back to sleep. I am seeing surgeon again tomorrow ( after 2 weeks wait ). Hope to have all results reported and know there's been a multidisciplinary team meeting about me so decision making time on surgery and treatment . Feel nervous but wanting to get on with it. I can feel the lump in my breast which is uncomfortable at times when I'm sleeping. Time to eliminate this foreign being from my body !
    So I hope to have more of a plan tomorrow than I have for the past month since diagnosis.
    I hope you recover quickly from the surgery Hun. Thanks again for sharing with me. I will listen to my body. Fatigue is the biggie right now.
    Love it you.
    Linda N xx
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015

Hi Linda,

Will be thinking of you tomorrow.  Big hug.

For nights when you can't sleep - I found that if I kept earphones and a meditation CD next to the bed, it worked like a charm.  I don't remember ever hearing the end of the CD.  Mine was a yoga Samahdi, but there are good ones to download on youtube.  It really helps.

xx Michelle

• Emma T
    Emma T Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015

Hi Linda, I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis and I wish I could jump down the computer to give you a huge hug. Please know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you lots of love. I have kept an online blog of my journey and I would love to share this with you. It may help you through the steps of surgery and treatment but I completely understand if you prefer not to read it. Please know that your are not alone and that we are all here for you. This is an amazing group of online ladies. xxxx

• LindaN
    LindaN Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Hi Emma. Thanks so much for your love and support. I saw Surgeon this week and am having a right mastectomy and full auxiliary clearance on Monday. I'm glad I don't have to wait long. Just so hard to believe this is happening to me and that I am going to lose my breast. I'm glad I live in a country where the surgery and treatment is available free of charge.
    Feeling glad I'm getting rid of the mass, (65 x 60 x 55mm) but scared of all that is ahead. All of you wonderful brave ladies have been through or are going through this, which encourages me that I will too pass through this. Thanks for the virtual hug honey, I need it. I can feel the tears just under the surface. Feeling vulnerable today as the reality begins to sink in.
    I would love to be able to read your blog, how do I do this?
    Take care
    LindaN xx