Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

2015 and already...

Options
Donna Message
Donna Message Member Posts: 21
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Good morning ladies and gents I've been alerted to the messages and its great to see ideas and thoughts in relation to travelling but more importantly the continued connection we as ABC peoples require to maintain a sense of validation.

I loved reading how people coped and what plans they had for their up and coming travel destinations.

The places to go to like Tilly said? Thailand or going to Broome and riding a camel on Cable beach. Then the options to travel in Australia because of limitations and the not knowing what other countries can look after.

Sweden sounds nice especially how they look after you. But OZ has a lot to offer and so much more to see. Would love to go to Tassie. I'm heading to Singapore for a week for Chinese New Year and i'm going because 1) my friend is from Singapore works here but goes home to visit her family so I'm staying with them 2) I'm deeply into reading the third book of Kylie Chan 'Blue Dragon' on dieties and Gods fascinates me so when the offer and the incredibly cheap airfare came up (I'm flying Scoot) I just couldnt pass it up.

Hubby is extremely supportive.He's going to be at work to pay the mortgage but even he says its crazy not to take this opportunity up. I do love him so. Changing the subject slightly my medication has  increased for pain in my back (I am now 2 inches shorter due to the collapse of vertabrae) from 20, 30, 25 to a whooping 40mg of Targin.

It truly does help and though I am not covered for ABC I'm covered for other incidentals and its those incidentals I believe is what can blow out into a huge bill. Mind you I wouldnt want a fractured ankle or I've fallen awkwardly on my knee or something like that. So here I come Singapore! yah!

You know after all of this I every now and then feel so alone I just want my family around but they're in NZ and hubby well he's FIFO and working so hard for us and paying our house off that he just can't always be here. Fortunately the moments are few. But good to hear how everyone is going and look forward to seeing everyone at a get together.

Donna

Tagged: