Sad news

Options
ilovemamag
ilovemamag Member Posts: 9
Today my mum and I found out that her secondary breast cancer can no longer be controlled and chemo drugs will not be effective for her anymore. I am extremely sad. It is awful to hear your mum only has a couple months left and is dying. I will be taking time off work to spend as much time with her as I can.
I am sad because I really wanted to take her to Paris next year when her cancer stablises. I am so sad I won't be able to realise this dream of ours.
I will make our last moments as memorable as possible. Tomorrow I plan to cook some crab ravioli with her because she wants to eat them after seeing them on a cooking show.
I love my mum heaps. She is a strong woman. Every day she's still here makes me so happy and is a bonus for me.
Tagged:

Comments

• margiemoo
    margiemoo Member Posts: 263
    edited March 2015
    Options

sorry to hear this - just reinforces make the most of every moment. enjoy your time with your mum.

Marg xx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I feel very sad to read this tonight.I remember your earlier posts.Your Mum sounds like an amazing woman,and because of that,you are pretty amazing too,I am sure!!!! I am almost 60, but I lost my Mum when I was in my teens.All I can say to you is,just spend the next couple of months together.It will be hard,but it will be most helpful to your Mum,and in the coming months,it will give you great comfort.Please come on here at any time if we can help you in any way.Sending you a gentle hug,and please know that I am thinking of you.Robyn.xox
  • Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Mmmmm, stay strong yourself.  Forget about "cancer", enjoy the time and do whatever she likes and you like.  Not simply just give her the way, but you give her to way be a Mum which she wants to.

Life is full of challenge, love will never died.

She should be proud of having a girl like you.  You 2 could do all kinds of girls stuff together.

Take care. (with lots of hugs and kisses)

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Mmmmm, stay strong yourself.  Forget about "cancer", enjoy the time and do whatever she likes and you like.  Not simply just give her the way, but you give her to way be a Mum which she wants to.

Life is full of challenge, love will never died.

She should be proud of having a girl like you.  You 2 could do all kinds of girls stuff together.

Take care. (with lots of hugs and kisses)