The meaning of caring

Options
srichard
srichard Member Posts: 19

Hi

I do feel much like samoua but my wife has been a low profile cancer sufferer and she came from gynocological cancer to skin, breast and bone so quite a few years have have spent as a carer. I think people underestimate the role of carers and indeed we cases even alienated. To me cancers are cancers no matter where they first started they bad news and affect everyone in a family situation cancers change your life and I was surprised of this when someone told me a few years back that she was surprised we continue together   and not divorced.

Anyway I just wanted to touch base and tell a little about my story as a carer

Tagged:

Comments

• srichard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Leonie

You are kind to live a such reply. I thought no one cared. Sure cancer is scary I have been there for my wife many times. But thank you for your conforting words

• srichard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Chemostyle

It is true what you say good people around you make a world of difference in treating the disease.

• srichard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Chemostyle

It is true what you say good people around you make a world of difference in treating the disease.

• srichard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Moira

I have been committed to take care of my wife since we live for each other and our son has been in the middle of this but when the disease first struck he was only 3y/o and we have no other family members here in OZ..

• samouatt
    samouatt Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congrats on your courage to share your story.  I remain convinced that others like us are out there wanting help but not sure how to access it.   As individuals and as a group we can make difference in other's lives.  Keep up the great work you are doing not just for you and your wife but also for all the others who think just like you but don't know how to express themselves

Simon